they like to hold all checks till just before my direct deposit so they can start there stealing.was overdrawn by $1.50 by the time they were done that $1.50 cost over $300.00 in there crazy fees.

no notice given that i was overdrawn so they could contiue to steal.iam not the only one this has happened to.

do not use tcf bank if you want to hold on to your money!and if you dont have money in an checking account why would you let the debit go through if you were not planning on collecting excessive fees

Review about: Tcf Bank Checking Account.

my company wanted TCF Bank Direct Deposit Form last year and was told about a company that has lots of form templates . If others are wanting TCF Bank Direct Deposit Form as well , here's a link http://goo.gl/rQvR5E

Not trying to be a *** but I've been with tcf 2 years, no problems. If you have enough sense to read the fine print, watch your balances, and use overdraft protection, you wi never have a problem. Simple minded dumbfux.

to Anonymous #801011

You must work there because all they do is steal your money. They change your direct deposit posting date to rip you off. But I call the better business and got my money back they are thieves in a suit.

This bank is horrible.The worst banking mistake I have ever made was opening an account with them.

Horrible policies, poor customer service.I hope they go under.

Have they always charged International Service Fees?I don't remember that last time I went on a cruise and visited 4 different countries, but now I just came back from Canada and used my VISA check card (VISA doesn't charge the fees, I checked, its up to TCF to do so) and I a dozen "International Service Fees!" I used the Visa instead of losing money converting cash - but should have just done that.

What a rip off! Oh, and they randomly charge me maintenance fees on my savings account.

Some months they do, some months they don't - the amount varies - it never makes any sense!Switching to a credit union!!!!

Worst bank ever! They rip off my money and credit score with unauthorized transaction!

These people are nothing but criminals. I had a emergency checking account, and the drained it dry.

Who ever is behind this should be placed in prison.

Thanks TCF for stealing 253.00 dollars from me. If I can do the same favor to you some day I will.

I hope that some lawyer takes this and has a class action lawsuit against TCF for stealing money and calling it a fee.

Maintenance fee my ***.

Holy cow, I have never realized before how much a bank is willing to screw their customers so much!I moved from another state and only opened up an account at TCF because 1.

it was local (I'm in the Denver area) and 2. because they are open 7 days a week. I was also promised a $50 deposit if I kept the account open for 3 months. Well, that was in January 2008 and I have yet to receive the deposit.

Oh, might I add - every person I spoke to at the bank and over the phone has no idea what I am talking about! Okay, so that matter aside, whatever, no big deal. However; I have noticed in the past few months that they have begun to process transactions in a way that has caused me SO much money. I have a deposit that comes in every other Tuesday.

And I set up my Geico insurance payment to come out on one of those deposit dates. Do you think they credit my account with the deposit first????? No! They have been deducting my insurance payment, PLUS whatever other pending items I have...AND THEN crediting my account with the deposit!

This has happened just within the last 3 months. To top it off, this caused my account to go negative by $35 last week because they decided to process my insurance payment and car payment first, pay outstanding checkcard transactions and THEN credit my deposit (even though these transactions all came in on the same day). That caused me 175 in NSF fees....even though my deposit was sitting right there. After the deposit, my account was still negative $35, and if that's not enough, they have been charging me $28 a day for having a negative balance.

I did not even realize it until I received a letter in the mail on the 7th day stating they were charging me and when I checked my account, I saw that they had just appeared on my account!! WOW! This bank is getting ridiculous! I understand you are strapped for cash, but this is definitely one way to lose customers!

I am taking my money and running! I will pay what I owe, but I am DONE with them!

P.S.I should also add that I am a former banker from the MD area, so I am familiar with how banks work - and this one really takes the cake!

WORSE BANK EVER RIPPED ME OFF SOOOOOOOO MANY TIMES AND NOW MY ACCOUNT IS ON HOLD AND THEY CANNOT PROVIDE ME WITH ANY ANSWERS!They forgot to close another account and tried sending me to claims bc the account went under their limit!

When they opened up this new account and still had no access to my account no temporary checks.They just want your money.

TCF = Take Customers Funds, used them for over 20 yrs and been screwed one to many times, they are one of others having a class action suit filed for deliberately stacking the nightly posts to try to get your acct to overdraft. (they always post the highest amounts first so you will possibly end up with a negative balance, which happens alot more than you think with customers) bottom find someone else, One that has integrity.

What most people don't understand is that all banks are now charging fees!!!At least any bank that is worth while due to a Amendment that was places by our government.

So now banks have to try getting creative with their accounts to keep their heads above water during these hard times. TCF actually did it the smart way all you have to do is watch your account. That is why they have a min of 18 of age or older people! And anyone that only keeps a small amount and never uses it the bank is actually taking a loss on them.

So its simple use your account it equals no fees!!!!

Check out the competition for yourself their no better.At least TCF didn't have to take the bail our money cause they are good with there finances!

to Beth Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #943524

well Beth maybe we can play little game lets call it ?WELL EVERYBODY I WONDER WHERE BETH WORKS QUIZ GAME !!!!

And I can just about call it by the numbers When they announce their yearly prophits to their investers (That Is If They even have them ? that's because the family owning TCF is obviously Much to Greedy to share anything that is that lucrative and crooked .} I have been frauded of more than$100,000.00 of debit card fraud in three years while I was laid up in hospitals with a broken back and then followed shortly thereafter with a broken neck. I thought my heath care home providers were stealing my debit card and pin and using the cards at random. until I finally told Tcf branch Colorado springs to freeze my account and don't give even me any money till further notice and did so with witnesses .

I have now been robbed a total of eight times and have reported each incident to the bank and now Im told about something called an E form and if not filed one by the sixth month I can forget about getting my money back !!!

Well I can tell ya one thing miss sticken up for crooks !!

Ill get my money back from them the easy way or the old school way !Not Pretty Or maybe I can Look you up and take it from youre TCF account they didn't take bailout money cause they have already taken half the country's money.

Over a month ago, a tree fell on my house.I am required to have TCF endorse the insurance check so I can have the repairs done to the roof and gutters.

TCF has had the check for a month, and I can't get anyone to answer any questions. Where is my check?

Why isn't it endorsed yet?Why doesn't TCF publish their branch location phone numbers?

Worst bank ever!!!

wow these ppl are a shame to mankind.learn how to reat your customers you *** pieces of ***.

im from wisconsin and they are the worst ppl i ever dealt with.dont ever get a account with these low down thievin pieces of *** EVERRRR

OMG - what a nightmare this "bank" is to deal with!!

I've been fighting with them since....3/2009!! Yeah, that long - and all I have to show is a closed (their action) checking acct that I'm told I owe an add'l amnt of over $500 in coll'n fees alone for a less-than-$170 overdraft balance (initially caused by their sitting on my out-state-paychecks for a week or more from my former job, while omitting the 'available balance' figures on the deposit receipts!) that I could have paid within 2 more weeks (having just started a new job that April that started near the end of a prior pay period)

But no - they wouldn't give me that extra 2 weeks - they told me it 'automatically' goes into collections if the acct isn't paid up within 30/45 days (depending who you talk to - no one there seems to know much one way or the other...talk to 5 people, get 5 diff answers, maybe one will be correct if you're lucky!)

So, I no longer have a checking/ debit card. My credit is likely shot - I can't even open an acct with a *real* bank thanks to those greedy morons!

On top of that, they want to charge me $5.00 for a bleeping M.O. (since I can't send cash for my mortgage pmt) which I can get right across the street at the currency exchange for just a buck!

Someone oughta investigate this outfit - what a bunch of #@%$&* crooks!!

This crooked bank wanted to charge me to close my account, so I kept a small balance in it for years. My balance was 47¢.

Five months ago they changed my account so I would need a minimum balance to avoid a fee of $9. Their customer service said this notice was in the corner of one of my statements, but I have yet to find it.

Yesterday I got a statement from them and a bill from a collections agency for the $64 they charged to my account in NSF fees. No separate notice was give for the NSF status of the account.

I HAD an 800 credit score, but this bank has ruined it.

So, yes I am following the little blurb that I did see on my last statement asking me to tell people about TCF Bank.

TCF Bank. Run!

I agree with everyone, The "T" in TCF stands for THIEF.They are completely unethical and I am definetly closing my account with them, just a matter of when I can get my direct deposit changed with my new bank (who assured me they don't operate that way).

Amazing how they work.

When you have a group of pending transactions pending and deposits pending in there to cover them, they put the transactions through first, then charge you a $35 fee for each one, then put the deposit in, and you are screwed.They should be ashamed, and the clerks that sit there and tell you, "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do", are there because they have no shame!!!

I have an account with tcf came to jamaica for vacation, before hand I told the cashier to print me up $1500 in cashiers checks for my vacation, she then told me cashiers checks are for old people and that my debit card was all I needed, I trusted her, and now I have $200 in international service charges that she could of warned me about instead of recommending that I dont get cashiers checks TCF us bad news flat out.