I hope that more people begin contacting the Federal Reserve with complaints regarding TCF Bank practices.You can also file a secure complaint online at: federalreserve.gov.

If people dont complain outwardly, then nothing gets done and practices such as manipulation to your transactions just so a bank can make more money, wont end. I am a victim of several overdraft fees since TCF changed their policy in April. They never have a clear explanation of why this is happening, and, they could never provide a time when transactions are posted or when they come in on the account.

I will be ending ties with this bank soon.I have been a customer for several years and never had any complaints until now.

Review about: Tcf Bank Account.

Had an Experience with TCF Bank?

Comments

I have been with Tcf for about four years now and my account was just recently overdrawn.I checked my account on 3/29 and it said that I had a balance of 119.41.

I had three transactions on my account that posted on 3/30 that brought my balance down to 69.17.Now I had pending transactions on my account at that time but went into the bank and put the money in my account to cover these transactions when they posted to my account. I checked my account on 4/3 and TCF went and took 111.00 out of the money that I deposited in the account and they are trying to tell me that they paid for the three transactions that posted to the account on 3/30. So because they took the 111.00 out the account it cause my account to overdraft for 185.00 one day 74 for another day and then 111.00 for another day which caused me 481.00 in overdraft fees. It seems like they changed their policy again which I was never notified of so while I was thinking that it was still 28 dollars a day for the account being overdrawn now it is 37 dollars per item up to 5 items a day which can lead to a charge of 185.00 dollars a day.

Oh and when I called them and told them that i want my account to be fixed they though they was doing me a service by crediting back 74.00 dollars.

It doesnt make no sense cause if they would have never taken 111.00 dollars out my account my account would have never been overdrawn and I would not be paying almost 500.00 dollars in overdraft fees.I am not only...

I was an e-checking free checking for at least 10 years and they started charged me $9.95 this month claiming they unilaterally converted this free checking to a monthly fee checking.This was done without reasonable notices on my secure online email or statement.

I intend on no longer banking with this bank with questionable business practices.

I will also file complaints with bank regulators. Take your money from TCF bank and run away!!!

They are thieves legally defrauding their own customers.But no more.

Tcf had the nerve to draw over $300 worth of nsf fees because of an un authorized payment made . I disputed the charge and started noticing everytime a pending transaction went through it charged more nsf fees and they weren't going to reverse the charges .not to mension last time I checked overdraft protection from the savings account should be taken first instead i was told i have it but did not work because i have to feel out a form.....withdraw never going back

edwinwilliams
#202974

I stopped banking with TCF Bank in January of this year due to the elimination of the Totally Free Checking account.How I found out is when they switched my free checking account over to the TCF Student Checking, without my authorization.

This account is so ludicrous and with this account, you have to either have a recurring direct deposits totaling $100.00 or more, maintain a $100.00 minimum balance, or maintain a combined balance of $2,500.00 in deposit balances (I'm a college student myself and I don't have direct deposit, unable to maintain a balance of even $100.00, or maintain $2,500.00 in combined deposit balances, because I have educational expenses to pay). Otherwise, a monthly service charge of $4.95 will apply. I immediately went into the branch and closed it right away. Now I'm with Bank of America and I've been happy with them since (at least on a personal note).

I have the eBanking checking account (which is designed for people who do most of their banking online and at ATMs, and who choose to get paperless statements online) and it's open to everybody, including students. With this account, all you do is make deposits and withdrawals at BoA ATMs (or if you have recurring paychecks, social security benefits, unemployment benefits or any other recurring income payments, you can also use direct deposit, which is optional and not a requirement) and choose to get your paperless statements online. This way, you avoid the monthly service charge of...

Goodbye TCF Bank, hello Bank of America.:grin

#202971

Goodbye TCF Bank, hello Bank of America.:grin

TCF Bank uses the same practices that were responsible for Wells Fargo being ordered by a judge to pay back over 200 million dollars to their customers.TCF Bank, when changing pending transactions to completed transactions, will charge the largest expenses first, of that day, in order to drain the customer's account and charge multiple overdraft fees for smaller purchases that were made prior to the larger purchases.

This is not a case of consumers being irresponsible but rather big business trying to take advantage and cash-in on their clients...besides, TCF has to pay for their fancy new stadium somehow.....

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE NUMBER TO CONTACT THE CEO OFFICE TO MAKE A COMPLAINT

I've lately been having a huge problem with TCF.My check was direct deposited into my account and posted on that Friday, so I went and ran errands and spent 300 out of the 800 that my balance had however, I got charged an 5 overdraft fees because on their computers it said that my check was still pending.

All the manager could say, "we've been getting a lot of complaints that what you see in the online banking isn't what we have on our computer. Our techicians are working to fix that." I was so irrate and she wouldn't even reverse all 5, she said she could only do 3 of them. Nice Customer Service. Not to mention that I had to go to three different banks to get it reversed.

I had the print outs with the dates from the online banking site with it highlighted as well as a print out from the first tcf I went to and still they were flabbergasted.

I have a feeling that they are just losing customers.That 50$ isn't worth it, when you are going to end up paying hundreds in overdrafts.

I did file a complaint with the FED.I hope others do as well.

They have too many preditory policies that are designed to net them millions of dollars in fees. They are the most aggressive bank that I have encountered. I deal with several as I have a business.

I recommend that people stay away from TCF Bank.There are many other options, make sure you check out their fees and policies before you give them your money.

"Call the branch to get an accurate balance or use online banking"

TCF's online banking is a JOKE! You check it at one time, you have 200, you check it after spending 5, all of a sudden you only have 50, then it bounces to 150, but then ohhh no all your pending transactions dissapear.